By Lee Chapman Jan 19, 2024
I hope you've had a good week. The year has started well here. We're steadily helping business owners and entrepreneurs master the funnel world!
With that in mind, here are some nuggets that will hopefully help you this week...
1. FBM EXPERT TIP: 3 KEYS TO GETTING SALES
Earlier this week, funnel building juggernaut James Hughes (he has over 275 5-star reviews), shared the 3 simple keys he follows to help ensure your business gets sales.
Here they are:
1. Position your product as something completely new that solves your customer's problem differently from anything else on the market.
If you're not getting sales, your product likely seems too similar to everything else on the market.
2. Keep your funnel clean and simple.
Far too many entrepreneurs never launch their product because they get trapped by the idea that their funnel and product have to be infallible. Run an ad bringing customers to something valuable that you give for free, then offer them the chance to get on a call with you, on the call, tell them about how you can solve their problem.
3. Choose the right media channel to reach your target audience.
You can find virtually any market on Facebook and YouTube. Choose the one that also fits your preferred style (on video or not) and stick to it until you start seeing a steady stream of leads.
It's so easy to get caught up in creating something magical that looks amazing and covers all possible routes the customer might want to take.
However, at the end of the day, when you're just starting, or building your business, keeping it simple allows you to test and grow quickly.
If you want James to build the perfect strategy for your business and maybe build out a whole system from ad to sale, send him a message here.
2. MARKETING TIP: INSIDER TIPS FOR GETTING SALES FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
No matter what niche you're in, from personal development to fashion or beauty, with Valentine's around the corner, TikTok will be filled with potential customers looking for that special gift.
Ahead of the holiday, TikTok has shared a marketing guide that you can use to enhance your campaigns over this period.
Here's a summary of what they shared:
- 54% of TikTok users cite using TikTok to find and discover the perfect gift ideas, and inspiring ways to make their loved one feel special.
- In 2023, #ValentinesDay garnered 57 billion video views. With Valentine’s Day 2024 quickly approaching, now is a great time to jump
- Though many businesses might think that customers will have shopping and gift-giving fatigue following the holiday period, however, research shows that shopping, engagement, and purchase intent continue to rise well into January and February, particularly with users seeking Valentine's gift inspiration.
- 2023 data for key hashtags below show that Valentine’s Day is a chance to find audiences on the platform. Here are some of the top performing hashtags:
- #valentinesday (57.1B views)
- #valentinesdaygift (2.6B views)
- #valentinesdaymakeup (371.6M views)
- #valentinesdayrecipes (39.3M views)
- #valentinesdayoutfit (390.3M views)
The good news is if you're not a TikTok user, there will be plenty of people on the lookout for ideas and inspo on other social media platforms too.
Set up some special campaigns aimed at Valentine's Day shoppers and see how you get on.
If you need an expert to help you build the campaigns, targeting, and ad creative, reach out to some of our marketing experts here.
3. TOP TIP FROM A FELLOW COMMUNITY MEMBER: HOW TO KEEP YOUR STRIPE ACCOUNT FROM BEING FLAGGED AS HIGH-RISK
You've got your Stripe account up and running, and you're starting to see some payments coming through.
Then, out of nowhere, you get an email from Stripe saying, "Your business presents a higher level of risk than we can currently support."
Stripe's number one problem is determining if a new account, which hasn't yet processed any online transactions, is legit.
In the beginning, you're basically on probation with them so any issues like refunds, declines, or chargebacks can tip the scales, and Stripe might flag your business as high-risk.
What makes it worse is most of this is automatic, there is minimal human interaction, so you can be made high-risk even if you've done nothing wrong.
So, how do you keep your account in good standing with Stripe?
Here are some steps they recommend:
- Make it obvious and easy: Make sure your customers know exactly how to get a refund and if they ask for one, make sure you respond quickly.
- Introduce payment friction (strategically): It might sound counter-intuitive, but make it a tad harder to make payments. This deters those testing stolen card details and they'll likely bail at the slightest resistance.
- Be flexible with your refund policies: In the early days of your account, a chargeback can be devastating. Make it super easy for customers to cancel subscriptions and be generous with refunds if requested.
Even if you follow these steps, things can still go wrong. What should you do if this happens?
Reach out to Stripe through every channel possible. Most of the time they are pretty helpful and open to getting things resolved. Many entrepreneurs have said success by getting in touch with support via social media and getting a human review.
If you really want to protect yourself, consider using Payments AI in ClickFunnels 2.0.
It's a payment gateway created with entrepreneurs and small business owners in mind, you can connect multiple payment gateways (like Stripe and PayPal) and it will send payments through whichever gateway it believes will have the best chance of going through successfully and keeping your accounts safe.
4. FUNNEL OF THE WEEK: A HIGH CONVERTING SAAS FUNNEL
The funnel this week ticks a lot of boxes from a design perspective but it's another one that I think is missing a lot of opportunities. If I sign up for this, I'm likely to be excited about boosting my productivity, why not capitalise on that and offer me something else that'll benefit me?
Anyhoo, the images are great, there is some powerful social proof, the product is demoed, and they've even thrown in some stats that give you the logic you need to sign up.
The only thing I'm not a fan of is the headline. I feel like it could be changed to generate far more intrigue and interest. However, these types of headlines are everywhere so they must work for a large portion of people, right?
Check the funnel out here and let me know what you think.
5. FOOD FOR THOUGHT: ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCTS
"Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing, but nobody else does."
- Steuart Henderson Britt
That's it for this week my friend! Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here next Friday.
The snow this week has
been insane! Apparently
we got 10 inches 🤯