I hope you had a great Christmas and are ready to see in the new year!
I have a goal to reach the Two Comma Club next year. It's not going to be easy (I've never come close before) but that's the goal. I'd love to walk on stage at FHL 10 in Vegas to collect that award.
If you're hoping to do the same, then I recommend diving into some of the ClickFunnels training.
If you want to get the year off to a big start, I highly recommend investing in either of those and/or the One Funnel Away Challenge.
This new OFA Challenge contains Russell's latest techniques and strategies that will help you launch a highly successful funnel in under 30 days.
For a lot of funnel hackers, the original challenge was what helped them launch their funnel, quit their day job, and propel them towards the Two Comma Club.
If you've spent big this Christmas, both Expert Secrets and the OFA Challenge are free (just pay shipping for Expert Secrets and start a free 30-day trial of ClickFunnels 2.0 to get OFA for free).
If it is your goal, let me know what business you're in, what you're selling, and how you're selling it. With so many people in this community, there must be great opportunities for collaboration. If I see something that will work for you, I'll do what I can. It would be great to see you collecting your award in Vegas so let's do this! With that said, let's now dive into a recap of some of the most popular newsletter segments of 2023 (this is a long email!)...
1. FBM EXPERT TIPS:
HOW TO GET YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO APPEAR IN SEARCH - DAN MENNEAR
Would you like your Facebook page to appear in front of thousands of leads every day for free?
That sounds like the clickbait you see in Facebook ads but have a look. This might be the one time it's accurate...
Marketing expert Dan Mennear dropped this bit of gold...
Although it's not considered one of the more prominent search engines, millions of people use the Facebook search function to find profiles that can help them.
For example, someone might search Keto expert, Pizza chef or business growth expert. Usually, to appear in these search results, you need a large following. However, there's a little-known way for small profiles to appear...
You can add a nickname for your Facebook profile that matches the keywords people are searching for.
To set a nickname on Facebook:
1. Go to the Facebook desktop page (not the mobile app)
2. Navigate to your Facebook profile
3. Click on the "About" section
4. Scroll down to "Details about you"
5. Click "add a nickname" next to other names
6. Select name type as "nickname"
7. Add 2 or 3 keywords your ideal clients are searching for in the name block. I.e. Expert Funnel Builder, #1 Personal Trainer, Nashville Immigration Lawyer.
8. Click "Show at top of profile"9. Click "Save Changes"
When leads search these keywords, your profile will appear in the search results.
Not so clickbaity, right?
If you're looking for someone to help you get more leads to your funnel, speak with Dan here.
WHY YOU NEED TO BE SENDING A WEEKLY NEWSLETTER IN 2024 - AIMAN
Marketing expert Aiman dropped some solid gold this week...
Most business owners and entrepreneurs know how important it is to develop a relationship with their audience. A strong relationship increases trust and helps grow your audience for free.
But most get stuck deciding what content to create.
One of the most effective things a business can do (and all should be doing) is send their audience a value-packed weekly newsletter (ala this Digest).
- Depending on your niche, this value could be:
- Important news from the week
- Coupons and offers you've found
- New tips and tools to improve a specific area of their life.
All you have to do is spend a few hours per week jotting down 3-5 nuggets your audience will find valuable, put them in an email and send it out.
Your audience is busy, so if you can give them a few bits of valuable information in just a few minutes, they will truly appreciate it.
As it's weekly, they will also appreciate you not spamming their inbox like most other businesses do.
Along the way, you will learn more about your audience and the type of information they like best. This naturally helps you to serve them better.
If you'd like a marketing expert like Aiman to look at your business and help you drive lots of traffic to your funnel, send him a message here.
A LINCHPIN FUNNEL THAT WORKING VERY WELL FOR CLIENTS - JAMES HUGHES
A few weeks back, James Hughes stopped by to share behind the scenes of a Linchpin funnel he built that his client is having huge success with.
In the webinar, James shared a lot of gold, including the exact framework and answering a wide variety of questions on how to make the Linchpin funnel work for them too.
2. MARKETING TIPS:
HOW TO INCREASE SIGN UPS BY 23%+
Harry from Marketing Examples recently discovered that Blinkist (a book summarizing subscription service) made one simple change in their copy and split test it against their original page. This one change led to the following:
• 23% more trial signups
• 55% fewer customer complaints
All they did was provide more transparency to their offer...
The more clarity you can give a prospect, the safer they will feel. The safer they feel, the more likely they will invest in your product.
GARY BENCIVENGA'S SIMPLE FORMULA FOR WRITING UNBEATABLE ADS
Earlier this week, I discovered a closely guarded secret of one of the advertising industry's most successful copywriters, Gary Bencivenga. Now retired, Gary explained this simple formula was how he consistently created ads that beat virtually all others.
He said every hook you use will become significantly more effective if it covers four points:
Problem + Promise + Proof + Proposition
A typical headline in the funnel world is, 'How to... Without...' For example:
"How to cure IBS without dangerous medicines"
This works ok because it highlights a problem, has a promise, and is a proposition. The issue is it has no proof elements, and that's exactly what drives most conversions.
If we add a proof element, the hook instantly has more pull:
"World's #1 Gastroenterologist shares how to cure IBS without dangerous medicines."
Take a look at the hooks you're currently using and make sure they contain each of the four points (especially proof). Doing so will make them instantly more effective.
(Side note: The internet is full of people using fake proof elements. As such, we don't believe them on their own, so be sure to add proof of your proof. In this example, it could be a picture of the gastroenterologist and an award or quote from a reputable source declaring them the world's #1.)
A VIRAL AD TO HACK
When thinking about your next social media post or ad, consider this one below because it has the potential to drive engagement through the roof.
The idea is to create a competition offering something your audience wants. But to win it, they have to comment on your post and get 0 likes.
This type of post creates a comment and like frenzy because everyone that wants one comments, and everyone else likes their comment so they don't win!
This one simple idea led to these results:
A signed Lionel Messi shirt competition led to 2 million likes and 574k new followers...
A $400 phone competition received 5.2 million views...
A Tesco meal deal offer received 136k retweets...
3. TOP TIPS FROM FELLOW COMMUNITY MEMBERS:
THE TOOLS I LIVE BY
I realized this week that I've never shared the free tools that provide me with huge amounts of value. Here they are:
- If you've ever wanted to know what font and font size a particular page is using (so you can use it on your own site), simply install Whatfont, click on the text, and it will tell you everything you need to know.
- If you create successful Facebook ads, you need to make sure your Facebook (Meta) pixel is working. Install this plugin, go to your page, and it will confirm whether your pixel is working correctly or not.
- If you are interested in SEO, this one's for you. Visit a page (it could be your own) and Mozbar will give you key information that affects how well it ranks in Google. This includes the page's authority, the domain's authority, the spam level of the page, and whether it includes important Google ranking elements.
- If you're struggling to find content your audience will love and share, this plugin is for you. Once installed, simply visit a blog post or article by one of your competitors, and it will tell you how many people have shared it on various social media platforms. Find the most shared and you have a very good idea of what the audience likes. (Side note: this plugin is paid, but you get a 30-day trial. Use the trial to gather all the ideas you need.)
- Everyone needs this tool! Have you ever wondered why visitors to your page aren't converting? What's happening? Where are they getting stuck? HotJar will answer those questions. Add their code to your funnel, and it will record people using your site. Watch a few of these anonymous recordings, and you will get a very clear idea of what to improve to increase conversions.
- This wasn't in the original article but I use these business tools nearly every day when writing these newsletters. Russell has put together a collection of the tools he uses the most (things like QR code generators, meme creators, etc) so it's definitely work checking out.
A SIMPLE METHOD TO FIGURE OUT IF YOUR ADS ARE WORKING AND WHAT TO FIX IF THEY'RE NOT
If you've been wondering whether your Facebook ads are doing well or not, Andrew Hallinan has a simple way to find out:
"Facebook Ads are super easy to optimize. If your CTR is less than 3%, you either have an AD CREATIVE or an AUDIENCE problem.
If your ad CTR is > 3%, then you have a good ad for your audience.
"The next metric to look at is OUTBOUND CTR (clicks that leave Facebook and go to your landing page). If your OUTBOUND CTR is < 1%, then your ad is not compelling the user to stop what they are doing and check out your offer. If your CTR is > 3% and OUTBOUND CTR is > 1%, then your ads are working well."
HOW TO GET CHATGPT TO FIND HOT NEW PRODUCTS FOR YOU TO OFFER (COPY & PASTE)
If you want to find a new product, niche, or market to dive into, this ChatGPT input by Stu Jordan will give you some very insightful results. Go to ChatGPT and enter the following (making the necessary changes):
Please establish possible niches for [enter your skill/service here, eg copywriting]. My interests and passions include [list 3 or 4 of your top passions and interests].
Combining my interests and passions, please create 5 potential niches for me according to the following instructions:
1. The potential niche should be one that requires the service or skill identified above.
2. Provide a brief explanation of why each niche is worth exploring.
3. Suggest a framework name for a potential offer that could be used to test this niche that is unique, interesting, and creates interest.
4. Provide a potential USP / differentiator for this offer that will help it stand out in the market.
5. Create a simple hook for this offer that can be used for testing the niche on social media.
Please also note the following tone and style instructions:
1. All output must be easy to read, suitable for a teenager to understand
2. For the framework and USP, please be creative, relevant, with a marketing style likely to resonate with the target market. Think outside the box, and use a temperature range of 0.6 to 0.8.
3. For the hook, please make this relevant, and create curiosity. Be interesting and engaging. Be very creative and unique. Make it eye-catching and scroll-stopping. Use a temperature range of 0.6 - 0.8.
Please present all the information requested in a table using the following column headers:
4. FUNNELS OF THE WEEK:
MARTIN PARKOS' BOOK FUNNEL
Former international Marketing & Sales Director for L'Oreal, Western Union, and Coca-Cola, Martin Parkos, has written a book sharing how you can use the little-known secrets these companies use to achieve great success in your business. And today, he would love your feedback on the funnel he has created for it. Take a look and send me your thoughts:
Then, if you would like me to send lots of traffic to your funnel (and get priceless advice), send me a link, and I'll feature it in an upcoming FBM Digest.
BROOKE GIROUX'S FUNNEL GAMES WINNING FUNNEL
The funnel this week is none other than the funnel that won
Brooke's funnel doubled the conversion rate of the control, so there is a lot to take from this.
Click below to see Brooke’s page and the original control page:
Then, if you want to speak to Brooke about building or improving your funnel, speak to her here.
MALIA BURCHAM'S FUNNEL DESIGN-A-THON WINNING FUNNEL
A couple of weeks ago, there was a big funnel design competition over at Clickfunnels and you'll never guess who won...
Malia stormed the competition with 28.6% of the votes. So, check it out, borrow some ideas, and let me know what you think...
5. FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
"Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell"
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
“Great sales letters don’t tell the customer what to think … or feel … or want. They locate the prospect’s feelings, thoughts, and desires, and then stimulate them. They provoke the prospect to do the feeling and thinking on her own. In taking this indirect approach, you avoid the possibility that your prospect will take refuge in denial, and give her a chance to follow the course of her own feelings.”
That's the recap. If you have read all the way to here you deserve some sort of prize!
Whatever you have planned for this weekend, have fun, and I'll see you next year.
...It's going to be a big one!
Great weekend skiing
with these 3 experts!